Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66546 by RParker
Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:06 am
version 16.04.00.04.
When I pick Object Viewer from View menu nothing shows and program goes into a lockup. ("Program Not Responding"). The only way I can get out is to hit "X" in upper right corner. This only happens if I am in DataCAD. If I save out to O2C and open the file outside of DataCAD, everything works well.
Any thoughts?
#66565 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:23 pm
Is this failure coincident with loading 16.04.00?

Has it been working up until now?

When you run o2c outside of DataCAD, right-click in the o2c window and select about.

What version is indicated?
#66574 by RParker
Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:35 pm
I had used it after upgrading to v.16. Not sure about 16.04. O2C version is 1.9.9.165.
The only change is I upgraded both monitors. I have tried the ctrl-shift when opening within Datacad thinking that maybe the window was just off screen but that shouldn't cause a lock?
#66575 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:59 pm
The position of the Object Viewer window is stored in DCADWINDIALOGS.GUI in the [FObjViewer] section.

You could try exiting DataCAD, delete this section and all of its keys, save the GUI file, then restart DataCAD.

If it's easier, you can just rename DCADWINDIALOGS.GUI to DCADWINDIALOGS.GUI.OLD and DataCAD will use the default position for every dialog and create a new GUI file.

If it still fails, does the failure occur in a new, non-default drawing?
#66590 by RParker
Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:51 am
Renaming DCADWINDIALOGS.GUI to DCADWINDIALOGS.GUI.OLD and starting DataCAD did the trick. Not sure how it happened but sure am glad to have it back.
THANK YOU
#66598 by RParker
Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:14 pm
I have that written on a sticky note on my bulletin board now. Thanks.