Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66948 by The Canuck
Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:02 am
I have accidentally added a couple folders to this section due to the "Add current folder...." right below it and me not being as careful as I should. In my search to find out how to remove it, I found one post under the DCAD 14 section. But it was sort of vague in that you had to go into the .ini file and remove it. Not quite sure which .ini file to go to.

So I am hoping someone can give me a little more clarification or direction on where to find the correct file to modify.
#66949 by The Canuck
Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:16 am
well, if I would have done a little more playing around within my system before posting, I would have avoided the question.....

But incase it comes up for someone else, it is under the main DataCAD folder that is on the C drive. The file to look under is dcadwin.ini. Scroll down almost to the end and to a section called "SymbolBrowser". There you will see different "FAVORITE" references. Just delete what you don't want.

Then close and re-open DCAD and you are all set.

You can also change the order of the files by changing the number after the word "FAVORITE". The files or line commands do not need to be in a specific order. Mine are sort of scattered, but by changing the numbers it appears as I want within the program.

Hope this helps someone down the road.