Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67216 by Tony Goode
Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:01 am
I have moved to a new PC with windows 10.
Downloaded the latest software from the DataCad website which was not the latest version.
After installing and activating the software an update was required.
The update downloaded and Dcad restarted but the version was still V: 16.00.01.02 (PE)
and not V: 16.04.00.04
When opening drawings produced on my previous PC a warning states I must update to the latest version of 16.
Any help would be appreciated.
#67218 by MtnArch
Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:04 am
I assume that you went here (http://www.datacad.com/update/update_dc16.html) to download the most current V16 file?
#67221 by Paul Nida
Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:11 pm
Automatic update hasn't worked for me since Windows 8 and now Windows 10. I have to download the update and install it manually.
#67300 by Paul Nida
Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:48 pm
Sorry Mark I saw this when you posted it but didn't have time to answer it and just now remembered it.

Yes, even though I am logged in as administrator it still does not update. It goes through the process of downloading the update and closes DCAD and immediately reopens DCAD and never installs the upgrade. I just double checked this on a machine that hasn't been updated to the latst version of version 17, and it reacted as I just described and did not install the update. That machine still has Windows 8.1 on it but it hasn't worked on Windows 10 either. At least it hasn't worked for me.
#67301 by Paul Nida
Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:00 pm
I sorry again Mark, right after I hit send I realized what you meant by running DCAD as administrator. I was thinking you meant logged in to Windows as administrator. I went back and tried it again and it worked perfectly. I really am getting old I guess.

My apologies for doubting you.