Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67330 by ELIofVA
Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:27 pm
I am trying to explode smart elements so they can import into sketchup15. Originally I imported dcad 3d model that included slabs and smart walls, doors, and windows. When I imported, the smart features were squashed to a 2d picture that I can trace. When I exploded the model using 3d menu, explode - slabs, the model imported. The formerly smart walls were editable in sketchup. However, I have not gotten the windows and doors to edit. In sketchup, the window becomes a component. When I triple click to make editable, it never gives me the select control to edit. Some surfaces are and some are not select-able.

I would appreciate ideas for importing smart features from datacad 15 into sketchup15

Eli
#67413 by joshhuggins
Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:10 pm
You'll want to use the Tools, Extract 2D/3D options to create 3D entities that can be exported to Sketchup from the smart entities.