Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67498 by joeferguson
Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:16 pm
I have done something to my layer manager, lost the "OK" button and I now have a bunch of toolbar rows at the bottom of the Layer Manager.

What did I do and how do I fix it?

If memory serves, the "OK" Button has been at the bottom right of my screen for years. Just before I lost it completely it had moved to the bottom left of the screen.

DC 16, recently upgraded to Windows 10

https://www.dropbox.com/s/601q1ixvr5pzwo3/Layer%20manager%20toolbars.PNG?dl=0
#67499 by joshhuggins
Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:13 am
If you have the Layer Manager set to be persistent, then there is no O.K. button, just Close as you see on your screen. This allows you to keep the Layer Manager open while drawing making access to the manager faster and available for quicker changes. You can still close it by clicking Close if you need to close it for a while.

To revert back to a non-persistent Layer Manager change the following DCADWIN.INI option to FALSE.
Code: Select all[Layer Manager]
Persistent=FALSE
I would recommend giving the persistent mode a chance. You don't have to leave it on all the time, and the rest of the functionality is the same, There will be times you do want it to leave it on and you will have that option without having to modify the INI file to enable it.
#67504 by joeferguson
Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:52 am
Thanks, Josh

I will give persistent a try (just one more reason to get a second screen where I assume I can "park" the layer manager so it's always available.

I still wonder what I did to lose the OK button as I have been nowhere near the .ini file. Possibly part of the upgrade to Windows 10?
#67505 by David A. Giesselman
Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:53 pm
joeferguson wrote:... I still wonder what I did to lose the OK button as I have been nowhere near the .ini file. Possibly part of the upgrade to Windows 10?

Click this by accident perhaps?
layermgr.JPG
layermgr.JPG (34.98 KiB) Viewed 6436 times

Dave