Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69743 by esme103
Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:16 pm
When I change the door type from single to double or vice versa all the doors change to that type. Also when I change the default width of a door to reflect the existing condition and insert that special width other doors change to that width. How do I avoid this problem?

In advance, thanks for the advice.
#69744 by Roger D
Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:23 am
Yes, with Smart Doors, they are linked to the door definition. If you want different door types, use the Door Manager to load a different Door type, or define a new one to match your need and then insert that door type.
#69746 by Mark F. Madura
Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:21 am
Does that mean you load a different door each time there is a different width and save that door with a title. With existing conditions there are often many widths and types.
Thanks,
Margaret Esme
You can create a 'generic' existing door type and for the properties of that door, uncheck 'Fixed Width' on the 'Unit' tab of the Door Type Manager.