Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#65183 by joeferguson
Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:28 pm
Hello all,

I am in early days of DC17, having recently upgraded from DC12.

I have some unusual goings-on with the on-screen response to some keystrokes. For example, my tilde key doesnèt work anymore when I want to offset the start of a line (Interesting, when I pressed the apostrophe key while typing doesn't, it produced the "è" you see. I can only type the apostrophe by pressing shift-left arrow. In text mode, the letters all work ok but some of the other keys produce unusual results. I can only get the quote/inch symbol (") by pressing shift-right arrow.
Pressing the shift-comma key produces this: È.

I just realized this is not likely a DataCAD issue because the same issues are happening while I type this text, I will leave this post here in case any of you have experienced a similar problem. I still need a fix.

Likely relevant info: I purchased a new computer at the same time as my DC upgrade, an HP Pavilion desktop. I have used two different keyboards and get the same results.

Cheers,

joe
#65184 by MtnArch
Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:35 pm
You should check the language selected in Windoze (first) and then possibly in your BIOS. Possibly set to Unicode or something else similar? Dave may have a better idea since he pokes around in the "1" and "0"'s all of the time!
#65187 by joeferguson
Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:19 pm
Thanks, Alan

I changed my language preference from English (Canada) to English (USA) and the problem went away.

It would be interesting to know what was in those programmers' heads when they came up with that scheme.....

joe
#65188 by MtnArch
Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:42 pm
I guess it would have to do with what nationality they were? :wink:

Glad my suggestion worked!