Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#65192 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:50 pm
Symbol scale keeps toggling off, even if I have the SB open constantly. I have Symbol Scale "remembered" by folder, and it is toggled on - but each time I select a symbol after doing something else, Symbol Scale is off again.
#65193 by joshhuggins
Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:48 pm
Is it on in the SB options? Check while not inserting a symbol.
#65194 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:51 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Is it on in the SB options? Check while not inserting a symbol.

Yeah sorry Neil, I can't reproduce this one. Perhaps if you could be a little more specific in the steps you take that cause this.

Dave
#65198 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:36 pm
If you have Symbol Scale by Folder toggled on, but Symbol Scale off in the SB Options menu, then the Sym Scale on the menu is always going to be toggled off after inserting a Symbol.

Dave
#65199 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:48 pm
I think the one in the options drop down is the only one that affects the remembered status that gets written to the symbolbrowserinfo.ini file. The menu just allows you to manually toggle if you need something other than the remembered option for each instance of a symbol being inserted.
#65201 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:23 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Why does one Symbol Scale toggle then keep it on (when I have Symbol Scale by Folder on), while the other does not?

and joshhuggins wrote:I think the one in the options drop down is the only one that affects the remembered status that gets written to the symbolbrowserinfo.ini file. The menu just allows you to manually toggle if you need something other than the remembered option for each instance of a symbol being inserted.

^^^ This ^^^
#65202 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:41 pm
Okay, another symbol issue: in one plan file that I have open, the Loaded Indicator works, and in the other plan file, it does not work.

I have lots of the symbol in both files, and I am Control-Tabbing between them. A third file that does not have that symbol in works correctly.
#65205 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:02 pm
Probably nargles in the file.
#65207 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:02 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:No, not since this morning. I'll give it a try.

Edit: no that didn't help.

Send the files in if you'd like and we'll take a look.
#65215 by David A. Giesselman
Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:23 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:It is the same file that had the corrupt dimension. I will send it to you Monday.

This is the file that was originated in Revit? :roll: If so, send me the DWG file as well. I'd love to see what this mess looks like in AutoCAD 2014.