Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#65363 by Clayton Taylor
Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:31 am
To all,

For some reason this morning my middle button mouse scroll wheel 'snapping' has ceased to work with DC17.
I've thus set the preferences to 'inference' snapping until sorted. Not too sure if it's DC17 or my mouse scroll wheel has bust.

So before I rush out & buy another, (as inference is not for me) has anyone else had a recent middle mouse scroll wheel issue with DC17.

Over & out,
Clayton.
#65364 by Mark Toce
Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:55 am
You can test the Object Snap function in DataCAD by using the [n] key on the keyboard instead of the middle button on your mouse. If you have another mouse available, try that too.

Under "Hardware and sound" in the Windows Control Panel, open the mouse driver properties. Make sure that the middle button is set to either "Middle Button" or "Auto-scroll." If you are using a Logitech mouse, you may need to install the SetPoint software from their Web site to access this setting.
#65372 by Clayton Taylor
Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:40 am
To all so far,

Thanks Mark for the update on the Logitech Drivers, I do indeed have a LOGITECH M185 MOUSE, about two years old I think. Anyway downloaded the SETPOINT SOFTWARE, but still no middle button snapping.. :(

Off to shops Tuesday for another mouse, anyone have any suggestions other than an M185, it's quite a basic mouse & has worked well to date. The exact same thing happened about three/four years ago. I bought a HP mouse as a replacement, but that design was rubbish as scroll wheel after about 10 months acted as though you had the handbrake on while trying to scroll the wheel, to close a tolerance design on wheel slot snagging made it impossible to use.

I was also wondering, as wireless, if there's something to consider for stronger signal. Pc is in the same room, but under quite a solid desk, just a thought.

Over & out,
Clayton.
#65385 by Clayton Taylor
Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:11 am
To all,

Yep, the new mouse confirms the middle button was kaput. I went for the same LOGITECH M185 in the end as felt a good fit for my paw & came with a three year guarantee, all for £10.00. Other more expensive ones seemed badly shaped & some of the good ones middle scroll wheel was hard work. I was on the verge of looking at a track ball type, but felt a bit alien, perhaps another time as needed to see how it worked in a live demo .

Over & out,
Clayton.

P.s. Inference snapping didn't seem too bad as forced to use, but a bit restrictive a times when picking elements when editing stuff.