Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#65582 by Robert Scott
Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:28 pm
After recently upgrading to V17 I stared using "Smart Arrows" which are very cool. Unfortunately, I placed several on an elevations sheet with a arrow weight of 5 instead of 2 and now have mud. Is their a way to globally edit the arrows? Fairly simple to redo the arrows on this sheet or change each individual arrow head but I'm curious if their is a better way?

Robert
#65583 by Roger D
Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:39 pm
Change/Text/Arrow/Weight/2, and select by area.
Yes, it's strange that Smart Arrows are changed via Text, but that is where you make them.
#65584 by joshhuggins
Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:01 pm
Smart Arrows changed my life. :mrgreen:
#65585 by Robert Scott
Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:32 pm
I'm enjoying them :)

Roger's methods works on the just the arrowhead...exactly what I needed in this case.
Mark Wilham suggested on the email list the following which affects both leader and arrowhead:
Use Change/weight - use a mask: Entity/Smart Arrow - page dn 3 times, it's at the end of the list.

Surprised no one has chimed in on my antiquated method of using line-weight rather than mapping to pens ;)

Bob