Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#65933 by hlewis
Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:23 am
Is DataCad 16 still available for sale? I have multiple stations of 16 and need to add another. Or... will version 17 read and write to version 16 users? If so I will purchase a copy of 17.
#65934 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:43 am
As far as I know v16 as of right now will open v.17 files with just a warning that the file was created in a newer version & some drawing features might not be compatible but for the most part it should work in theory but I can't verify that as I haven't done it since before the final build of v17 was released. If your stations are only a version behind and you are keeping your stations up to date pretty regularly it really make sense to upgrade the v16's to 17 with subscriptions and add the additional licenses you need that way going forward you are always up to date and get the new features as they are released and it actually ends up cheaper than to buy a standalone version every major release or a lot cheaper than jumping several versions at a time. Even if you have to do it over the year and do a few seats at a time, as long as you get them updated to v17 with subscriptions before v.18 is released next year you will be all set and will get v18 at no charge other than your yearly subscription fee of $300 per seat for the renewal instead of the $395 to jump a single version and not get any feature updates.