Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#65980 by bradenaia
Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:26 pm
New to Datacad 17 - our old HP 430 wont print from the new datacad....any idea on settings?
#65982 by MtnArch
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:24 pm
Did you upgrade to a new OS? Can you print to the plotter from other programs?
#65986 by bradenaia
Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:59 am
Yes, i feel i did not give enough info before. This particular machine is running windows 7 pro 64 bit. We have a small network to control printers and internet (print server). All other programs can print to the Designjet 430 except Datacad 17 pro. When in Datacad 17, if i send a print to the 430, it tells me it was successfully sent but it never gets to the machine. I have added Datacad 17 to the firewall rules so i don't believe it is this. I know the Designjet doesn't have a windows 7 driver but it seems to me it should not be an issue. Not sure if there are any other settings in datacad that i can adjust to make this work? Thanks for the quick response and im open to any suggestions.
#65987 by bradenaia
Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:01 pm
We actually had Datacad 10 up and running on this machine and it printed to the Desginjet 430 perfectly.
#65989 by Ted B
Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:49 pm
Can you print by sending the drawing as a .pdf rather than as a print-file? I typically print to a pdf-file, then print that .pdf file on whichever printer I want in the office. I find it gives me better control over the final-printout. Plus it typically saves me from making and keeping a record-paper copy of the printout for my files, I already have the .pdf on the hard-drive.

Plus trying it might tell you if it's a communications or a settings problem with that printer.
#66210 by bradenaia
Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:46 am
Thanks for the advice...we put a parallel port PCI card in the computer and it fixed all of this. The USB adapter in the cable would not talk to Datacad which is why we had the issues.