Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66890 by Robert Scott
Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:25 pm
It's been a while since I've set up a new computer for DataCAD. Being at that point now...is their a method to easily transfer all settings from one machine to a new computer including keyboard shortcuts, symbols, etc?

Robert
#66891 by Roger D
Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:14 pm
I would think after doing an install of Dcad on the new machine, you could copy the Macro, Fonts, Template, Symbol and Support File directories over, and the DcadWin.ini file should transfer all the settings and customized items that you have.
#66893 by Mark F. Madura
Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:15 pm
It depends on how much of DataCAD you've customized. If you're dealing with the same version, and the paths on the new machine will be the same, you can install DataCAD 17 first, then copy your previous DataCAD 17 directory over the new one.

If you're dealing with a previous version you want to upgrade, you can copy the previous DataCAD program directory over first, then install DataCAD 17 which will recognize the previous version and present you with the option to transfer your customized settings.

The installer does not transfer path settings, non-default drawings, or symbols.
#71166 by Michael Fieldman
Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:12 am
Hi, I've been a DataCAD user since 3.1 (!!!)

In post #66893 above from Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:15 pm Mark F. Madura wrote:

"It depends on how much of DataCAD you've customized. If you're dealing with the same version, and the paths on the new machine will be the same, you can install DataCAD 17 first, then copy your previous DataCAD 17 directory over the new one.

If you're dealing with a previous version you want to upgrade, you can copy the previous DataCAD program directory over first, then install DataCAD 17 which will recognize the previous version and present you with the option to transfer your customized settings.

The installer does not transfer path settings, non-default drawings, or symbols."

I recently upgraded my PC running XP 32 bit to a dual boot system running XP 32 bit or Win 7 64 bit. I have DataCAD 17 (with some Israel-specific settings) running on XP and now want to reinstall it on the Win 7 64 bit setup. What would be best for me, going from a 32 bit install to a 64 bit install?
#71171 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:12 am
Shouldn't be any issues. Make sure to deactivate your current v17 installation first (with no drawings open it's found in the Help Menu, License Actions, Deactivate This Computer). Then install like normal, activate with your license number and password. Once activated, make sure to download and install the latest update for v17 from the Datacad website.