Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#66898 by GARY247
Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:11 pm
When I create text that is to be within the borders of a hatch pattern I used the knockout on the text. It looks fine on the screen but when I go to do a plot the hatch is not knocked out. I tried turning on the knock out in the hatch pattern by using control/right click on the mouse and that totally hides the text on plot. How do you get the text knockout to work when it is within the hatch pattern?
#66923 by Keith Glass
Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:08 am
having the same problem here:

I have red door numbers that are supposed to knockout the cyan threshold lines below. It appears correctly on screen but in the plot preview (and subsequent plotted sheet) it does not plot. Red is assigned to pen 4 and Cyan is assigned to pen 5. When I switch them, the problem is corrected - the knockout appears correctly on the plot preview. Clearly this has to do with pen order (as for with screened pen values needing to be one of the first pens in order to not over-write and cover-up coinciding full-density lines), but it is unreasonable for us to re-map our drawing colors and pen-assignments to try and accommodate a dynamic problem. I am hoping there is an easy fix for this. Thanks!

- Keith