Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67764 by beneastman
Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:38 pm
When I use "wiggle" line type the line appears with breaks in it, as though a dashed pen style were used. I have tried using change/more/pen styles and trying various options. Typical I use solid R or solid F but none seem to make the wiggle appear as continuous line. Also Ive tried setting different spacing settings etc.
Im not sure if the file Im working is corrupt. When I open a clean file it seems to work fine. Ive been trying to compare my settings between the clean file and the one I am working in.
Any ideas? Help!
Thanks
-Ben
#67765 by Roger D
Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:00 pm
Have you tried to reload the line type?
Linetype/Manage pick line type then Reload
#67766 by MtnArch
Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:25 pm
Are you sure the linetype you're using is "Wiggle"? Where did you happen to pick it up? Maybe try the "Ruffcut" linetype (I believe it's a standard DT linetype) and see if it behaves the same?

The "Wiggle" linetype that I purchased (old Madura Studios Pro pack? Cheap Tricks? don't remember) had separate ones for a dashed wiggle, a centerline wiggle, etc.
#67769 by beneastman
Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:10 pm
Roger, I tried reloading from linetypes and it crashed. Im thinking something is buggy in this file.
MtnArch, I believe wiggle is part of the standard lintypes that came with DC. Im running DC 17, but have been using wiggle for years.
#67772 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:40 pm
Ben:

Try disabling the display of user lines (U in the SWOTHLUDFBK toolbar or from the Display menu. Then try reloading your line type from the Manager.

Dave
#67775 by beneastman
Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:06 pm
David that seems to have worked. I disable "U" like you said, then reloaded "wiggle" . Prior to that whenever I would try to reload wiggle the file would crash. Thanks!
-Ben