Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69119 by GARY247
Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:19 pm
I have a section mark that is a symbol and pointing to the left with text. If I flip it and point it to the right the text is upside down. Is there any way to prevent this or change it and keep it a single symbol?
#69120 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:27 pm
You can try either turning on Fix Text or Lock Angle while inserting the symbol, or after the insert via the Ctrl+Right Click on the symbol. You might have to play with the text alignment settings inside the symbol to get it to work how you want. Lock Angle is only available when inserting an unexploded symbol. We primarily use Fix Text for things like section cut callouts as we usually want it relative to the paper orientation. Lock Angle is nice for simple things that are often rotated.
#69151 by dmartens
Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:50 am
I created mine with a nested symbol for the section arrow so when inserted with explode on, the arrow is still a symbol which I can mirror as required but the text is ready for editing and is always properly justified.

Dan
#69152 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:48 pm
We use a Text Attribute, so you can edit it but keep it unexploded. And we use Fix text, so it rotates correctly.

We use Symbol Scale, and draw it to the size we want it to appear on the sheet - and then set the Plot Scale before inserting, and it automatically enlarges to the right size for that scale. Update the GTV, and the plot scale is saved as part of the GTV.
#69153 by joshhuggins
Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:22 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:We use a Text Attribute, so you can edit it but keep it unexploded. And we use Fix text, so it rotates correctly.

We use Symbol Scale, and draw it to the size we want it to appear on the sheet - and then set the Plot Scale before inserting, and it automatically enlarges to the right size for that scale. Update the GTV, and the plot scale is saved as part of the GTV.
Ditto.