Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69336 by GARY247
Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:50 am
Is there a toolbar that would open up directly to the editing of a clip cube or a fast key setup/hotkey?
#69337 by Roger D
Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:25 pm
I had made a Command Alias, that if you are near the polyline that will define the new xclip, it picks the current xref and then the polyline as a new xclip. Works fairly well.
Code: Select all[xc]
comment=xclip redefine
alias=^;^ªDefining New XClip^S8^S9^S7^F0^$^F2^F3^$^;^
#69340 by GARY247
Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:54 pm
I am assuming that this works only if you are using the 3d option. I tried this but it picks every xref in the drawing, blinks 4 times and then dumps out so I am assuming that this will not work in 2d. I was trying to find a quicker way than hitting control and right mouse button to get a menu and I see no way of getting to clip cubes in either of the 2d menus other than going to insert, reference file management and clicking on clip cubes. I tried this E^·^S0^S8^S9^S7^F0^F8^S0^S8^ but it won't return me to the 2d menu after the edit like going to the insert option. It also only gets me there if I am in the utility menu with alt E.
#69342 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:28 pm
Try this in your toolbar:

[XClip]
Hint=XClip Menu
L=143

Dave
#69348 by Roger D
Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:05 am
I wrote that using v18, there might be an issue with you using v17.
#69349 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:43 am
GARY247 wrote:I have no idea of how to accomplish that Dave.

Which Toolbar(s) do you typically have active when running DataCAD?

Dave
#69370 by GARY247
Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:00 am
I use mostly hotkeys that I have set up for my left hand. The only tool bars that I use are navigation, projection, status, symbol browser, coordinates, viewer and standard. I modified a hotkey to this E^·^S0^S8^S9^S7^F0^ which seems to work except I have to figure out how to get it back to the 2d menu automatically. I would still like to know what you were talking about previously. I do have 18 on my machine but have not used it yet as I am on a deadline and do not have the time to mess with setting up the program.
#69373 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:38 am
GARY247 wrote:I use mostly hotkeys that I have set up for my left hand. The only tool bars that I use are navigation, projection, status, symbol browser, coordinates, viewer and standard. I modified a hotkey to this E^·^S0^S8^S9^S7^F0^ which seems to work except I have to figure out how to get it back to the 2d menu automatically. I would still like to know what you were talking about previously. I do have 18 on my machine but have not used it yet as I am on a deadline and do not have the time to mess with setting up the program.

Just change that sequence to:

E^143#^

Dave