Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70114 by Rashid Garuba
Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:41 pm
Hello,

I moved my drawing files to a Google Drive Folder and everything is fine, except after a few minutes I get a warning:

"Unable to write this file. Please ensure that it is not marked Read-Only and that you are attempting to save it to a drive/directory that that you have write access to."

Before this message I was able to work and save the drawing fine.. When this happened I saved the drawing to a new name.. now all is fine. Before the warning the *.u$r file was not present in the folder.. After the rename it now is.. I have checked path preferences an I don't think I missed anything.. I hope I won't go through this with all my drawings...
#70126 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:54 am
Sounds to me like Google Drive was syncing the local file with the cloud when you attempted to do the save. I'd suggest not having live drawings in a Google Drive folder that is set to sync with the cloud.

Dave
#70127 by Rashid Garuba
Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:14 am
I think if a permission issue I shouldn't be able to save at all?.. The random nature sounds like the Google drive sync because once I bypass the warning all is well a again.. I will use a local folder for the day's work and auto-copy to Google Drive every evening.

Thanks Guys..