Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71237 by d keen
Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:45 pm
I am considering a new plotter and presently have a designjet500 that is needing some expensive repair therefore I am looking to upgrade. I am using dcad 17 and design residential and small commercial projects.
The hp120 looks like a good small volume plotter but I would appreciate any comments any users that may have had any experiences with this unit.
Thank you,
Dave Keen/ pacific design architects
#71240 by MtnArch
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:07 pm
You might want to consider going to a 36" carriage unit as opposed to the 24" that the T120 is. When I upgraded from my DesignJet 450C (24" carriage) I went to a Canon iPF755 (36" carriage) and have never looked back. I'm a one-man office, residential and commercial, and it was an awesome plotter - so much so that after 3 years I traded it in for an iPF785 with a 36" scanner too!
#71265 by d keen
Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:32 pm
Alan,
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will look in to the Cannon products, I have used Hp for a number of years and have a good trusted support company when needed so I haven't looked at other products.
I can see the scanning capability being of great value so I may consider that option as well.
Sincerely,
Dave Keen