Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71288 by RBCA
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:18 pm
Working on my laptop. Made a bunch of alias commands. Now I want to transfer to my main computer. Looked in the Dcadwin.dca file. None of the new commands show up in it, and the file date is very old. I went back into the program and they are all there and working. Is there something I need to do? Export or save.

Thanks
#71289 by Roger D
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:45 pm
What directory (file folder) are you looking in? Should be in Support Files.
Your new commands might be at the end of the file, not alphabetical as you might think.
#71308 by RBCA
Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:35 pm
Thanks for the advice. I checked it out.
I'm running it on a laptop.
Here is what I found out:

Datacad 17 installed on:
C:\Program Files\Datacad 17

alias text file installed in:
C:\Program Files\Datacad 17\Support Files

File Name is: DCADWIN.DCA
For some reason its modified date is in 2008.

Checked and none of the alias's are in the file either alphabetically or at the end of the file
#71309 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:50 am
Datacad should not be installed in the Program Files folder anymore (since like v12). Try installing to the Root C:\Datacad 17, I'd bet that fixes things up.
#71311 by Roger D
Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:54 am
While in datacad, I would double check to see what pathname is listed for support files.
I would also do a explorer search for Dcadwin.dca, since the alias are available in datacad, there might be another version of the file elsewhere on the computer.
#71319 by Roger D
Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:53 pm
I would suggest a fresh install