Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71715 by d keen
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:40 pm
I would like some input on what may be considered a good 3d / modeling software that would be compatible with dcad 17.
Thank you.
Dave Keen
#71717 by jimgoodman
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:59 pm
Robert Scott wrote:Sketchup

What he said....
Throw in a Kubity subscription and you are all set.
#71718 by d keen
Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:38 pm
jimgoodman wrote:
Robert Scott wrote:Sketchup

What he said....
Throw in a Kubity subscription and you are all set.

Thanks very much. I will make it happen.
Dave Keen
#71721 by Robert Scott
Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:35 pm
Your very welcome. Let us know if we can be of further help.
Jim is the expert on the DataCAD transfer.

Robert
#71722 by dmartens
Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:25 am
I have seen the finished product produced by Jim and Scott and it is very impressive. Could one of you give a brief outline of the process. Do you model in Datacad, import to sketchup and then render with Kubity? We have a person in our office now that is familiar with Rhinocerous and have been playing around with that, importing the model straight from Datacad to Rhino. But then there is also some tweaking with photoshop. I guess no matter which route you go it looks like it is a 3-step process? Thanks for any help.

Dan
#71730 by Robert Scott
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:17 pm
Hi Dan,

All modeling is completed in either DataCAD or Sketchup...the individual modeler chooses their preferred weapon.
Models are transferred and compiled in to Sketchup. At his point its a simple drag and drop into the Kubity interface to create an interactive Kubity model.
Still renderings are created from SU with Thea Render.

Robert