Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#73932 by barry jones
Mon May 21, 2018 4:07 pm
After a Windows 10 update this afternoon, DataCAD is crashing when I try to access print or print setup. I've verified that the drivers are all still present.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Barry Jones
Pentium Dual-core e5400 @ 2.70 gh, 6gb ram, Windows 10 Pro
#73933 by David A. Giesselman
Mon May 21, 2018 4:39 pm
barry jones wrote:After a Windows 10 update this afternoon, DataCAD is crashing when I try to access print or print setup. I've verified that the drivers are all still present.

Hi Barry,

Windows 10 updates have a nasty habit of changing your default printer. From the Start menu, go to Settings. From that dialog select Devices and then Printers & scanners. Scroll down that window and look for "Let Windows manage my default printer" and make certain that is un-checked.

Dave
#73937 by David A. Giesselman
Mon May 21, 2018 5:36 pm
Just for grins, open an existing drawing and press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+C to clear the current printer setting and see what happens.

FYI: We don't really support anything but the current version of DataCAD under Windows 10. There's just no way we can keep up with the "surprise" hot-fixes that get rolled out with Win10 for anything other than our current version. Just saying.

Dave