Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#79431 by lemasci
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:32 pm
I was using my Symbol Browser with no problem. Recently started a new drawing, went to one of my "Favorite Folders" in the Browser; and for some reason the symbols are inserted at a HUGH or TINNY scale.
Prior I could adjust symbols between 1/8" and 1/4" scale via enlargement...no problem. How do set the SCALE of the symbols to insert into a 1/4" scale drawing as default size?
I searched the manual and cannot figure out my problem..Really need some HELP!
#79433 by Roger D
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:44 pm
You might have Symbol Scale turned on, it appears at S5 after you have picked the symbol to place.

If you save a symbol when drawn at 12" Scale, and if you have Symbol Scale turned on, then it will automatically scale it based on the current plot scale.
#79439 by lemasci
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:02 am
The symbols I am trying to use are the DEFAULT Symbols within DataCad: C:DataCad 18\Symbols\Plumbing\Residential

Drawing and Plot Scale are 1/4".......Go to Symbol Browser select folder. Both "Symbol Scale By Folder" and "Symbol Scale" are checked ON.
Select a symbol to insert and it is HUGH; not in scale with the 1/4" scale selected elsewhere.

Turned OFF "Symbol Scale By Folder" try to insert and it comes in as VERY TINNY.
Unable to turn OFF "Symbol Scale" in BROWSER Menu...S5 is turned OFF.......????
I'm sure I messed something up / a simple fix I hope.
#79440 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:22 am
With Symbol Scale Turned OFF, then check your Enlargement factor.
#79443 by lemasci
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:12 am
Turned OFF "Symbol Scale" in Browser menu.
Plot Drawing Scale is 1/4"
ENLARGEMENT: set for 1 (should this be set to 12 ?)
Select Symbol; S5 is OFF
Inserts as a TINY symbol...I know this symbol has worked in the past. I think it is a simple problem, but I don't what?
#79449 by lemasci
Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:36 pm
STILL NEED SYMBOL BROWSER HELP
I understand using the symbol folder etc....however I still cannot figure out how to insert symbols at a scale commensurate with the drawing I am working on ??
It was working okay, then for some reason the symbols will not insert at a reasonable scale.
I tried the suggestions made by Josh Huggins with no succes.
#79450 by Mark Bell
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:33 am
Just to add to Roger's post, when inserting a symbol that is too big/small, if S5 Symbol Scale is selected, then also pick F4 Plot Scale and change the scale to say 1:1, then say 1:50 , 1:200 etc. and the symbol should change its size to match the plot scale. See if this allows you to change the symbol scale to what you need for the drawing.