Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67473 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:35 am
Hi,

I assume we will get a DataCAD 18 section in the main forum, right?

This seems to be a small bug that remains in v18: after adding some MSP details (linked GTV's) on a sheet on the first page of sheets, and then scrolling forward to select another sheet to compose on - the first sheet I click on fails to open. I have to click on a second sheet, and then click on the one I want to work on, and then it opens like it should.
#67522 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:23 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:I assume we will get a DataCAD 18 section in the main forum, right?
Would be nice :D

Question for Mr. Dave. Other than the omit options shown in the Purge tool (Layers/GTVs/MSP/MV Windows, Empty/Unused definitions), what else does Purge do that Saving the files does not do when the save purge options are set to to match in the dcadwin.ini file? Is it the creation of actual new layers and moving the data to new layers vs. just moving the same layer info over? I tried looking the info up but couldn't find an answer. This is what I thought I remembered the difference was.

Reason I am asking is I had a file that on a few layers anything I would offset in the same Offset command would be grouped together. I saved and closed the file, reopened the file and the problem was still there. I then purged the file and the problem went away. My thought was why couldn't we have an ini option where when we save and close that the full Purge could be done? It doesn't seem to take any more time than the normal Save and Close. Or should it be the same?
#67524 by REX PEET
Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:58 am
Good idea Josh, except that you would need to keep the selective purge option to get rid of dicky MSP sheets or dicky GTVs.
#67525 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:55 pm
REX PEET wrote:Good idea Josh, except that you would need to keep the selective purge option to get rid of dicky MSP sheets or dicky GTVs.
Agreed! :wink:
#67529 by melina
Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:22 am
When "On Screen" is activated in the Object Snap menu, the snap options in the middle button Get Snap menu are not functioning. This is happening for me regardless of whether the entire entity is on the screen or not, or just the relevant snap point is there (i.e. a Perp point for a portion of a line that is on the screen even if the line continues off screen). Is there another setting? A bug? It would be nice if the Get Snap menu worked either way. Thanks!
#67547 by joshhuggins
Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:02 pm
Not sure if it's by design at this point, but I can't access the new v18 board since it's been created. It says:
You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.

Wanted to say I like the new What's New in Datacad 18 page. :wink:
#67556 by joshhuggins
Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:31 pm
(Post Moved)
Last edited by joshhuggins on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#67557 by wvar
Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:53 am
joshhuggins wrote:Not sure if it's by design at this point, but I can't access the new v18 board since it's been created. It says:

Is this all that is going to be introduced in V18?
#67558 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:40 am
wvar wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:Not sure if it's by design at this point, but I can't access the new v18 board since it's been created. It says:

Is this all that is going to be introduced in V18?
This is the start of the v.18 life cycle. There will be a years worth of features added over the next year.
#67559 by wvar
Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:50 am
Thanks Josh
#67572 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:36 pm
Mark F. Madura wrote:The permissions for the DataCAD 18 Forum should be set correctly now.

MFM
Working good, thanks Boss! :wink:
#67594 by dmartens
Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:24 pm
Some nice stuff in the What's new for DC 18. Was very disappointed to not see anything concerning smart entities. No improvements or additions. I hope they don't get left to languish for another release. I thought smart entities were Datacad's way of keeping up with the BIM world. I still love this software but fixing/improving smart entities would keep Datacad from getting too far behind. And I think it would also attract new users, which is the whole idea anyway, isn't it? Thank you.

Dan