Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67619 by Tim Mohr
Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:26 am
I am not able to get nested self xrefs to show (ie a self x-ref inside of a self x-ref) ... am I missing something? could have sworn this wasn't an issue in earlier versions...or is this one circular reference too far? file is not big, z is ignored, no circular reference warnings, etc...
#67620 by David A. Giesselman
Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:46 am
Tim Mohr wrote:I am not able to get nested self xrefs to show (ie a self x-ref inside of a self x-ref) ... am I missing something? could have sworn this wasn't an issue in earlier versions...or is this one circular reference too far? file is not big, z is ignored, no circular reference warnings, etc...

Tim:

As far as I can recall, nesting of Self XRefs has never been supported as it results in infinite recursion. Think of the optical result of two mirrors that are exactly parallel with each other and try and wrap your head around controlling that programmatically. :shock:

Dave
#67621 by Tim Mohr
Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:34 pm
Ah but the possibilities are endless :) Had a hunch - just having too much fun with x-refs (so much more manageable than the "other" program). In any event your point makes perfect sense ...assuming there's no way to kill the infinite loop without getting into some sort programming purgatory as you suggest. Would much rather see programming effort spent to bring the 3D interface up to the sketch up standard...thanks for getting back to me

Tim