Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#67786 by David Porter
Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:01 pm
I have always placed DCAD drawing icons on my desktop for all of my active drawing files. Double-click the icon and the file opens in DCAD. Somehow, with the latest update of v18, double-clicking of a drawing icon does nothing. Even right clicking and then selecting "Open with DataCAD 18" does nothing. I have to be in DCAD and then use the File-Open process to search for the drawing in my drawings directory to open files.

I have SketchUP file icons on my desktop and they open just fine with the double-click method. I am guessing this is probably a DCAD issue and not a Windows 7 issue because it is only happening with DCAD files.
#67788 by David Porter
Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:05 pm
The problem seems to have gotten fixed with a reboot of the computer. Strange that it was only DCAD files that would not open with the double-click method.
#67794 by David Porter
Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:16 pm
Oh well, it was temporarily fixed. On two different computers, I cannot double-click on a screen shortcut to any DCAD drawings using v.18. They also won't open using the right click and then "open with" and selecting v18. They will open using "open with" and using v.17. The drawing files won't open by going to Windows Explorer and double-clicking on the files, either. Only way I can get them to open is to already be in DCAD and then using the "open" menu selection under the "file" tab.

Any fix for this anomaly?
#67883 by mrupsis
Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:48 pm
I've had the same issue with the latest update of DataCAD 18 and Windows 10. I'll try the repair install process as well.
#67885 by mrupsis
Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:08 pm
I have 18.01.00.06 installed. In DataCAD, it says I have the latest update. I just downloaded the update from datacad.com support page, installed it, and I still have 18.01.00.06. Still can't get a file to open from Explorer. <head scratch>