Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#68208 by mijenix
Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:37 am
Is there anyway to have a particular goto view (sheet) display dimensions in decimal format instead of architectural? 95% of our dimensions are architectural, but we occasionally have to layout a site plan and it has to be done with decimal dimensions and it becomes a pain to have to do them as architectural and then double click on each one and switch it to decimal.
#68211 by Roger D
Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:03 am
Either when you place the site dimensions, turn on Lock Scale and set it to decimal.
Or afterward, do a change/dimensions/lockscale and select decimal.
This way you can have multiple scale types in the same drawing file.
#68213 by mijenix
Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:25 am
Thanks Roger, that works pretty well. I did notice a bit of an issue though. Lets say my house is located 13'-6" from the property line, but I need to put that in as a decimal, that would be 13.5'. When I put the distance in as 13.5' and then dimension it, the dimension shows 13.42' and not 13.5'. Am I missing something? It seems that it just changes the display to decimal and not the input method.
#68217 by joshhuggins
Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:49 pm
mijenix wrote:It seems that it just changes the display to decimal and not the input method.
That's correct. To change the input method as well, you have to set F0 Settings, F2 Scale Type to Decimal to input in Decimal Feet. In order to have your dimensions stay at Decimal feet when you revert back to Architectural input, set the F8 Lock Scale option to Decimal while creating new dimensions that way they remember their scale setting. If you don't you will have to use the change/dimensions/lockscale Roger suggested afterwards.
#68223 by David Porter
Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:06 pm
I have set up an alias to change architectural dimensions into 2-place decimal places because of this exact issue. I will fully dimension a site plan in my default architectural dimensions and then go around the drawing to change specific dimensions for the engineer or surveyor into 2-place decimal dimensions.

Alias setting for changing to 2-place decimal dimensions (in Support/dcadwin.dca):
[CHDEC]
comment=Change dimen to locked decimel 2 places
alias=^:^F8^F1^S8^S1^F4^S5^S4^S5^F2^S0^S0^F1^