Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#68286 by dennisnorton
Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:47 pm
For some reason, I can not get knockouts to print. They appear on screen, but not in printed format.

I have played around with layer locations, plot first, last, in order...

Moved the hatch layers to front, back, up the list, down the list - all to no avail...

Also, the knockouts don't even show up in xrefs...

What is happening? I need help quickly.

Thanks.
#68287 by MtnArch
Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:50 pm
If you have "Pen Sort" turned on in the Print menu, try de-selecting it and select instead "WYSIWYG". It may or may not help.
#68289 by Roger D
Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:09 pm
dcadwin.ini setting?
Print KnockOuts=DEFAULT
; Set any of the above to TRUE to force them to print, even if the attribute setting in the Utility/Display menu is turned off. If set to DEFAULT or missing, the drawing's display toggles T, H, L, U, D, F, B, and K in SWOTHLUDFBK will be used to determine whether or not the attribute is included in the printed output.
#68292 by Roger D
Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:36 am
Are the set to a non printing color, line weight of zero?
Strange, might need to send in to the experts.
#68295 by Roger D
Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:27 am
No, I was asking if yours were set to that. If either of those settings where current, it might explain them not printing.
#68297 by dennisnorton
Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:03 pm
Here are some screen shots - strange:
Attachments
knockout screen with fill.png
Screen view
knockout screen with fill.png (3.56 KiB) Viewed 13705 times
knockout plot.png
Plot View - one door knocked out, other not
knockout plot.png (5.59 KiB) Viewed 13705 times
#68298 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:13 pm
Lots of settings can cause issues with knockouts, need a bit more info to hunt it down. What is the color/pen number of the items you are trying to knockout and what is the color/pen number of the knockout entity itself? Also What are your Bitmap and Fills Set to in the Pen Table, and is Map Fill colors to Pen colors checked? Are both doors the same colors? Are the knockouts?
#68299 by dennisnorton
Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:21 pm
Wow - I never knew this could be so complicated...

One thing that may create the problem with the louvered door is that the louvers are associated hatching, which is inside the knockout polyline. Does that create probs?

It will take me a while to get all of the info you asked for - the drawing has many colors, pens, etc.
#68300 by joshhuggins
Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:39 pm
dennisnorton wrote:the louvers are associated hatching, which is inside the knockout polyline.
A polyline with associated hatching can be a knockout, shouldn't be a problem there. It can't knock itself out though.
#68306 by joshhuggins
Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:24 pm
Daniel Dascanio wrote:Try the pull down View menu. Go to Knockouts. Turn off Compatibility mode. That is a setting for exporting to AutoCAD.
Good Luck
It also cripples the ability to have entities that don't get knocked out via layer/pen table ordering. If you want knockouts to knock everything out all the time without any way to draw on top of a knockout and you also will not need to export to DWG, this will work. I wouldn't recommend using this method if possible. Figuring out how to use the knockouts with layer support is very powerful and worth the effort to understand how it works.