Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#68433 by mijenix
Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:04 am
I am having a problem with the knockout text feature. I have my text set to be knockout, and when I type text over the top of a hatched area, it will appear to knockout the hatch, but if I refresh, the hatch comes back. If I move the text off and put it over a regular line, it will knock it out no problem. I have tried the move to front command on the text as well as move to back on the hatch, but nothing seems to fix the problem. I've tried this with associative hatch and non-associative also and it doesn't matter.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
#68434 by joshhuggins
Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:46 pm
The onscreen display is determined by their layer order. Here is a little video that might help shed some light on that. Printing order is different and is dependent on if you are using Pen Sort or WYSIWYG to determine your printed out ordering. That is not discussed in the video, but there have been several other posts on the forum on that if you want to search for "pen sort knockouts WYSIWYG" would be a good start. If you still have questions let us know and we will try to help out!