Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#68837 by David Porter
Sun May 08, 2016 8:57 am
I have noticed on two computers that after I installed W10, just DCAD lines and text appear to be "fuzzier" and have less resolution. None of my other programs show any changes. The screen resolution did not change and is still set to 1920x1080. I don't see any settings within DCAD to alter the screen resolution. I am finding this fuzziness on mostly symbols and text, not lines. Anyone else find this with the switch over to Windows 10?
#68838 by David Porter
Sun May 08, 2016 10:24 am
Found a solution to the resolution problem, in case someone else runs into it when upgrading to W10. It has to do with a setting in Windows other than the screen resolution. It has to do with the percentage size of fonts as shown on the screen. See the fix I found below.
Attachments
W10 font resolution.png
#68842 by joshhuggins
Sun May 08, 2016 11:07 pm
The upcoming Datacad update will have some handy options to allow better resizing/scaling parts of the Datacad UI for use with high resolution screens.
#72315 by John Borroel
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:34 pm
I just bought the LG 43 inch 4K, same resolution problem. The menu is nice and crisp but the drawing area is fuzzy.
Is there any update on for use with high resolutions.

Using DataCAD 18
#72326 by Dave
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:19 pm
John Borroel wrote:I just bought the LG 43 inch 4K, same resolution problem. The menu is nice and crisp but the drawing area is fuzzy.
Is there any update on for use with high resolutions.

Using DataCAD 18

Just for interest what is your display scaling set to? Windows 10?

DaveR
#72340 by John Borroel
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:19 am
I have played with the display settings...

125% seems to be the best.

When using DataCAD the drawing area is clearly the fuzziest resolution compared to any other application.

The menu is nice and crisp so it is possible.
#72415 by DavidBergman
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:54 pm
I've just run into what I think is a similar problem with a new laptop. The DataCad drawing window is fuzzy even though all other apps are fine. Per some of the other replies here, I tried calibrating DataCad, I tried changing the Windows (10) scaling to 125% from 150.

I haven't checked it out on my external monitor yet.

Other suggestions?

Thanks
#72417 by DavidBergman
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:47 pm
Additional to the previous message: though still a tad fuzzy, things look a lot better on my external 22" monitor - probably about the same as before when hooked up to the old laptop. So it's something in the laptop display settings, I guess.
#72484 by Dave
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:03 pm
Did the ASUS come with a driver. May pay to visit the Asus website and see if there is a driver for the monitor.
DaveR