Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69364 by Nick Pyner
Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:24 pm
USE ANYTHING OTHER THAN DATACAD?

Late last night I tried to resume work on a file originally from my Southern Belle mate, while she is back in the States. I couldn't open it, or the DBK, or the ARF. I was completely stuffed, and all I could do was send it to Clay and go to bed.

This morning at 0927 AEST, there is the file, back in the box and ready to go.

Where else would you get support like that??

Apparently it was all about invalid entities, I have never encountered this before and it might have been because my W7 isn't the best.
Last edited by Nick Pyner on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
#69371 by jimgoodman
Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:05 am
Couldn't agree with Nick's assessment more - these guys are always there to help out.

I have noticed more issues with invalid entities in V18 than ever before, and not just in legacy files. Fortunately the new repair tool is able to resolve most of the issues, but I do need to import into a clean default file to take care of some of the more stubborn files.

It has been a good motivation to go back and cleanup some of our older default drawings.