Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69441 by Tiffany
Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:52 am
Hi Folks,

Got the email about 18.03.00 Update. Tried both ways, running program as administrator and updating within the program and downloading the update file and running that as administrator. Both methods result in a pop up error "The setup has detected that no version of DataCAD 18 Updater is installed. This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed."

I assume the issue to be due to running Datacad 18 that was originally installed in Windows 7-32bit, then PC was later updated with Win 10-64 bit. Program ran just fine without reinstalling it, so I never bothered to find the time to do it.

Unless anyone has any advice or other reasoning why the updater isn't working (possibly broken for everyone?) If I have the time available later to re-install, I'll update everyone on the results.

Tiffany