Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69600 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:08 pm
tigere wrote:So I have 18 PE - should I stop looking ?
For now, unless you upgrade to subscription edition before v.19 comes out. If not, you will receive it when you upgrade to v19. If you plan on upgrading to v19 an likely to use versions after v19, the subscription model makes the most sense cost wise plus you get these new features as they roll out instead of having to wait up to a year.
#69607 by melina
Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:55 pm
I have the subscription edition (18.03.00.06 SE) and no Repair menu option - just Save as Copy (with no drawing file open) to activate "repair".

I just tried using it on a corrupt old file. It claims to clean up everything, but still gives me an internal diagnostic fault "line 43 from Error 736". Does anyone know what that means before I decide whether this file is worth salvaging?
#69609 by Paul Nida
Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:26 pm
I have tried using the repair utility on several files sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't have time to try to chase anything down right now.
#69610 by melina
Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:45 pm
Mark F. Madura wrote:
Did the audit indicate corrupt entities in symbols?

MFM

Yup! Just had it happen on a second file too. These are files from 2008ish (dcad12ish). Wait I have a thought...

Sheesh, I set AuditSymbolFiles=TRUE earlier for cleaning out something else. Set it back to FALSE and the Repair function went through smoothly.

Thanks for the inspiration Mark!
#69611 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:55 pm
There is an error in the Drawing Repair routine related to deleting invalid entities in symbols. If the first entity, or all entities, in the symbol are invalid, choosing to delete them can corrupt the symbol definition.

This will be corrected in the next update to 18.04.00.

MFM