Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69671 by RParker
Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:34 am
Have a 3d setup of a small project. I can view in the O2C object viewer within DCAD but when I export to either O2C or Sketchup, it crashes the file.
Not sure what to do.
#69672 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:58 am
Not sure about fixing the export crash, but have you tried right clicking in the Datacad O2C viewer and selecting Save Object to export the model to a O2C file? Not sure what to do to get it to a Sketchup file. Might try turning off a few of the more complex layers and see if it will export to narrow down if there is a bad layer or entity.
#69674 by RParker
Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:11 pm
I had a couple of 3d "people" that I had in the model. I moved them to another layer (turned off) and was able to save out the O2C file. Still can't export to Sketchup.
#69675 by RParker
Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:17 pm
Tried again and by turning off more layers was able to export to Sketchup. Is there a limit to the number of entities?
#69676 by joshhuggins
Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:38 pm
Don't quote me on this but I think there is a limit to the number of entities/polygons per layer. The number 36,000 comes to mind, but again don't quote me. I'd wait to hear from a real 3D guru, but might play with splitting some of your layers with larger counts up across multiple layers in the mean time.