Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69885 by GARY247
Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:16 pm
Is there any way to modify the shortcut for macros so that when I hit the key "M" (with the caps on) that I get the same list that I have in the macros menu in the toolbox and not available macros?
#69887 by Roger D
Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:46 pm
http://www.datacad.com/ddn/resources.html
Miscellaneous Tools
Here is an Excel spreadsheet that decodes the DCAD(WIN).MSG files syntax for mapping the keyboard interrupts to internal DataCAD functions. In plain English, "Do you want to change it so that 'M' and 'm' both activate the Move command?" This file will explain how to do this and much more. With this spreadsheet you can make some elaborate changes. NOTE: Changes to your DCADWIN.MSG file are not recommended by DATACAD. If you make changes, back up your original first. You will not receive any tech support for issues arising from modifications to your .MSG file. Download a copy of this file.
#69891 by GARY247
Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 pm
I use mostly shortcut keys and very little of any the toolbox boxes so I need the cap lock on in order to use the shortcut keys I am used to using. I created a sub folder in the macro file and placed the macros in it that I used the most. Then I changed to path to the macro sub folder that I created. Now when I hit the "M" key it takes me to the sub folder. Thanks for your help.