Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#69945 by gregg kett
Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:41 pm
Hi Guys is there a way to change the colour of the symbols displayed in the symbol browser. im using a white background and some/most symbols are yellow by default which makes them hard to see and select.
Is there a way to change the colour of all symbols ,on mass, without going to each individual symbol to edits its properties, or even if thats possible .?

cheers thanks
Gregg
#69946 by joshhuggins
Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:39 pm
I am not sure it the PSymColors.dcx macro still lives in the \DCAL for Delphi\Compiled Macros folder still or not, but if you can find a copy of that macro I think that will help get you where you want to be a little faster.
#69954 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:48 pm
gregg kett wrote:I'm using a white background and some/most symbols are yellow by default which makes them hard to see and select. Is there a way to change the colour of all symbols, on mass, without going to each individual symbol to edits its properties?
Another way to go about this is to use the 'RGB Push' keys in DCADWIN.INI.

Start by setting Display RGB Push=TRUE. This will boost the contrast between colors of similar brightness. Plotter RGB Push is for printed output.

[PaletteFile]
Display RGB Push Percentage=33
Display RGB Push Threshold=64
Display RGB Push=FALSE
Plotter RGB Push Percentage=33
Plotter RGB Push Threshold=64
Plotter RGB Push=FALSE

MFM
#69955 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:34 pm
Gregg,

I just realized the most obvious change (I sometimes use a white background and needed to change almost all the colors) and that is change the way yellow looks on you monitor.

Here is the line for Yellow in my Default.RGB file:

Code: Select all214 185   0 Yellow

You can also just click on the current color square in the Status Area, and select Yellow and Edit. If you slide the color darker (more mustard), then it will look a lot better on a white background.

Do the same for any other problematic colors. This is much easier than editing symbols.