Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70166 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:26 pm
I have the dcadwin.ini key [General] Reverse Scroll Wheel Zoom=TRUE and when I scroll over the drawing window area it works as expected, but if I scroll over the Datacad Menu when not in a scrollable menu list, it scroll zooms in the opposite direction. Running 18.04.00.06 SE.
#70172 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:33 pm
The main Datacad Menu where the Edit/Utility lives. Unless the Datacad menu is showing a scrollable list like Layers, GTVs, Linetypes, etc, it scrolls in the opposite direction of the drawing board area.
#70177 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:11 pm
I can duplicate it on another box and in new default drawings. I'll email you my dcadwin.ini file to try and swap to see if you can get it to happen.
#70179 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:29 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:You're running Win10?
Jes ;)
#70183 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:15 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Is your main menu floating or docked?
Docked. If I undock the menu and drag it out over the drawing board, it still has the reverse scrolling effect when over the menu. And it only does it over the Datacad menu area. If I try scrolling over the Status Panel or Cords Hint bars it does nothing. I can't say for sure and I'd have load an older version to check, but I thought scrolling over the Datacad menu used to work correctly when reverse scrolling was enabled. It's not a big deal but it's kind of jarring when I am scrolling one way while over the drawing board as my mouse travels towards the menu and then once I reach it it starts zooming the opposite way. If the scrolling can't be fixed to keep it scrolling the same way over the menu, then finding a way to turn it off would be appreciated.

Your Windows 10 comment got me wondering it it was related to the Inactive Window Scrolling setting, but I turned it back off and restarted Datacad with no difference.
#70190 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:59 pm
Josh:

Sorry, but we're unable to reproduce this using the latest (public) version of Win10.

Dave
#70194 by joshhuggins
Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:57 pm
OK thanks, not a big deal breaker or anything.
#70202 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:41 pm
I am using 8.88.30 version of the Logitech gaming software with the Logitech Cordless Gaming Receiver running the 8.57.0.0 driver. I removed the software and driver and used the base windows drivers with the same results.