Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70170 by GARY247
Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:10 am
I have a base building cross section drawing file that is 18768 k in size. Off that I have a roof detail sheet that incorporates 9 xref off that base sheet that is 864 k in size. I then have a plot sheet that has a plot sheet that incorporates the border drawing and roof detail sheet that opens up but will not plot a preview. The program just stops responding. I tried layering out the roof detail sheet but that did not help. Are there limits on the number of xref files that I can use?
#70173 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:38 pm
There is no limit of xrefs that I know of. Have you tried repairing and/or purging your files. Might have a bad entity or layer.
#70175 by GARY247
Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:48 pm
I tried that. I had someone try the plot file on their computer and it took over 10 minutes for it to get to the plot preview. Is this normal if you have a number of xref in a file?
#70176 by joshhuggins
Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:02 pm
GARY247 wrote:Is this normal if you have a number of xref in a file?
No usually. Is there any high resolution images on the sheets? Check and see if your xrefs have nested xrefs. If they don't have nested xrefs, might try turning off nesting for xrefs that do not need it.
#70180 by Paul Nida
Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:26 pm
GARY247 wrote:I tried that. I had someone try the plot file on their computer and it took over 10 minutes for it to get to the plot preview. Is this normal if you have a number of xref in a file?

That would depend on the xref files. The more complicated the xref files and the more hatch they have in them the slower the file. And yes I have seen it take this long and longer.