Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70482 by Clayton Taylor
Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:43 am
To all

I know DataCAD changed over to SHX fonts sometime ago & has CHR2SHX.dat file to convert the old fonts, but was wondering is there something within DataCAD or other programme that can do the reverse, i.e SHX fonts to CHR fonts.. :?:

Apart from TTF, do most CAD programmes now use .shx fonts or do some still use .chr fonts :?:

Over & out,
Clayton
#70483 by joshhuggins
Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:06 pm
I don't think you can use CHR fonts with Datacad at all now. Only the SHX versions of the old CHR fonts are used. As for other programs, I don't know if others ever used the CHR format, I've never seen any.
#70485 by MtnArch
Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:51 pm
I did this in the long past (before DC supported SHX fonts) and had some success with the SHX to CHR conversion but there were some bumps along the way. It may take some time and tweaking to get things the way you want them, and not everything will translate properly or at all. Although you may not want to use TTF's it may be the only way to go.

Good luck!
#70486 by MtnArch
Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:55 pm
You might also look at Font Master by Patrick McConnell (http://world.std.com/~eshu/ctw/ctwx.htm#markB) from Cheap Tricks. Don't have it, never tried it, don't know if it still works in V16/17/18/19.