Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70670 by mijenix
Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:35 am
Hello,

I am having a problem with the symbol browser, and its been going on for a while. The problem only occurs when we are in certain symbol folders and we use the PageUp or PageDn buttons so zoom in or out. When the buttons are pushed some of the symbols will disappear from the browser and sometimes they come back, but most times they do not until you go into a different symbol folder and then come back in. The one folder that I know it is happening in has 144 files in it and it is 1.91MB in size. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
#70707 by mijenix
Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:48 am
Hi Neil,

Thanks for responding

The symbols are on a server, and I'm sure there may be a symbol with a hatch in it. There are other symbol folders that are larger in size and I know for a fact that they have hatch patterns and they do not disappear when using the PageUp and PageDn buttons.

This didn't start until we upgraded to DataCad 18.
#70719 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:47 am
Nothing has changed in DataCAD with symbols since we got the Symbol Browser, which is maybe v10, v11 or v12?

It is more likely that something in Windows got updated, and/or the server is slowed down, or there is a network conflict that is disrupting the flow of data. Is the hard drive on the server getting close to full? Is it fragmented? Have there been power fluctuations or cuts lately? Has your server been looked at for regular maintenance recently?
#72186 by mijenix
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:56 am
Hi Neil,

Finally figured out what was making my symbols disappear when I would push the PageUp or PageDn buttons to zoom in and out. I checked the SymbolBrowserInfo.Ini file in the symbol folder and I noticed that the Auto Refresh had a value of 1, I switched it to 0 and it fixed my problem. I'm not sure how it got turned on, as none of my other symbol folders are set that way.