Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#70721 by artmanvt2000
Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:47 pm
I have changed the drawing area font in the Program Preferences. After working on some drawings, closing Datacad and then opening it the drawing are font has changed back to the default font. I am running version 18.04.01.02.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
#70743 by Mark Bell
Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:47 am
Hello Artman,

Maybe you need to make the change in your Default file so it is loaded into new drawings when you start them?
#70749 by joshhuggins
Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:38 am
Hi Art, if you are talking about the Misc Tab's Drawing Area Font, I never remember where the actual Font name is used. I have to manually change the dcadwin.ini file in order to get the font name to stick but I don't see it applied anywhere. I know if you change the Size of the font there it changes the size of the font used in the PText dialog box. What onscreen text are you trying to change?
#71011 by artmanvt2000
Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:25 pm
Josh, yes it is in the dcadwin.ini file. The default file did not have the line item for the font. I had to get the wordage from the Datacad website to add the font name. After adding the font name, everything works as it should. Here is what I added to the dcadwin.ini file:

[DrawingArea]
FONTNAME=Datacad
POINT_SIZE=10
STYLE=

Thanks for your help.