Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71027 by GARY247
Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:08 pm
I have a drawing that has and xref in it created in version 18. I created a plot file of this drawing in version 18. The plot file opens fine showing the xref in version 17 and other computers but when I open it on my computer the xref disappears. I tried inserting another xref into the original drawing and then opened up the same plot file in 17 this new xref shows up but when I try to open on my computer in version 18 they don't. I am thinking there there is a program glitch here some where. If I reload 18 do I have the option to do a repair?
#71028 by MtnArch
Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:34 pm
Just a WAG - have you checked to make sure that it's not showing up as Orphaned due to a pathing issue? Is the xref on a locked or a layer that has been turned off?
#71029 by GARY247
Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:45 pm
Those are not issues as the drawing opens up fine in dcad 17 and other computers in the office. When I go to the original drawing where I have the xref it dumps out if I try to delete it but this happens only when I am using 18 and only on my machine. Do you know if the install as a repair function?
#71030 by MtnArch
Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:17 am
I'm not sure if it has a specific "repair" function (like some do) but you could try a reinstall over the existing. You will need to make sure you de-authorize it FIRST so that you don't run into problems when you reinstall.
#71032 by GARY247
Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:41 pm
My guess is was a software issue. On top of the xref not showing up the program would dump if I tried to erase or regen the xref. After spending time to try to fix it I gave up and did a repair which (knock on wood) seems to have fixed the issue.