Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#71570 by GARY247
Wed May 24, 2017 10:27 am
Is there any way to get a drawing to load faster when you have a drawing that has 12 x-references of the same base drawing? All of them are merged with the parent clip cube.
#71571 by jimgoodman
Wed May 24, 2017 10:38 am
Make sure the "nesting" is off unless you absolutely need to have it on.
#71574 by GARY247
Wed May 24, 2017 11:16 am
What I have are multiple xref's of a base drawing of building cross sections. In order to use the GTV link would I have to create the go to views of each xref in the base drawing in order for that to work?
#71585 by Neil Blanchard
Thu May 25, 2017 7:26 am
GTV Link works when you are using the same part of the XRef (or self reference). For example, if you have a multistory building, and you are XRef'ing the various floor plans.

The easiest way yo work this, is to set up GTV's in the floor plan file for each story you need. Then insert one instance of an XRef in the file you need it - and turn on GTV Link for that XRef. Then turn on the native layers AND in the XRef select the GTV that toggles on the layers in the plan file - and then Save / Update the GTV in the file you are working in.

Repeat for the other GTV's that use the other stories in the plan file.
#71587 by GARY247
Thu May 25, 2017 9:54 am
So I am trying to get a drawing that has multiple xref's to load faster. In the reference manager I have the GTV clicked on for each xref but it is not clear how I get that detail xref linked back to the base sheet and the base sheet go to view. Not sure what a URL is or what it accomplishes.
#71588 by Neil Blanchard
Thu May 25, 2017 12:58 pm
Are all the instances of the XRef shown with a similar view position? In other words, are they all of the whole drawing, or all the same X-Clipped view? And if they are, are you viewing / printing them separately, or all together?

If they are viewed / printed separately (as different MSP details, or on separate sheets), then you would erase all but one of the XRef's. You then would open each of the GTV's that use the XRef, and turn on the layer with the XRef. Then Control-Right Click on the XRef, and select XRef Tools/Reference File Manager; then select the GTV in the XRef file appropriate for the current use.

Then update the GTV in the file you are working in. Repeat for other GTV's.

Turn off Nesting in the XRef, IF you are not using a nested XRef. By reducing the number of XRef's and turning off Nesting when not needed, you should see much faster load times.
#71591 by Mark Bell
Thu May 25, 2017 6:21 pm
Also check you base drawings don't have entities that are slow to display such as hatching or detailed symbols etc. If they're not needed in the xref you can place them on another layer(s) and turn them off, but still allow selected xrefs to turn them on again if needed?