Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#72836 by deliriousga
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:02 pm
I am trying to convert a DWG file (site plan) to AEC so we can place our buildings on the site and check for fit issues. Every time I try to open the DWG file, it opens and shows on the screen as if everything is going well and then about 30 seconds later the file closes. I tried opening the DWG and also creating a new AEC file then importing the DWG, but the same thing happens. I also used DWG Review to export the DWG file to an earlier version (2014, 2010 and 2007), but get the same thing. In DataCAD, my DWG import setting is "automatic" which gets me much further into the process than when they are set to "interactive". This happens with a lot of DWG drawings when trying to import so I would love to know if anyone has any insight into how to get past this. TIA!!

DataCAD version is 18.04.01.02 (PE), Intel i7 processor, 16GB RAM and 260GB available on the disc.
#72846 by ORWoody
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:25 pm
When I have had issues like that, I opened the file in DraftSight and saved it as a Version 12 file. I've never had it give a problem after doing that.
Good luck.