Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#74487 by mijenix
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:28 pm
Hello,

I use batch plot whenever possible but I don't seem to be able to get it to collate my sets of prints. If I run 3 copies of a plan DataCAD prints each sheet 3 times in a row instead of printing 1 set and then another set. I have changed the print driver to collate, but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know of a trick to fix this.
#74489 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:58 pm
I don't think that DataCAD's Batch Plot facility can do that (collate). Someone please correct me if I am wrong about that. If the print driver isn't or can't, then the best I can offer is what I do: I batch plot to single PDF's (usually GTV's) then assemble the PDF's (sheets) in the correct order into a single PDF (I use a little Google utility called PDFBinder for that) and then plot the required number of sets from that PDF set. Of course the number of sheets in my sets are few, so assembling is not a big issue . If your sets are large and contain 100's of sheets then my method may be problematic...
#74541 by mijenix
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:20 am
Hi Aaron,

I have taken to doing just as you described. Batch plot to single PDF's and then assemble them and print my sets.

You would really think that changing the print driver settings to collate would override DataCAD, but that is not the case.

Thanks for the input.
#74544 by Dave
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:50 pm
[quote="mijenix"]Hi Aaron,

I have taken to doing just as you described. Batch plot to single PDF's and then assemble them and print my sets.

You would really think that changing the print driver settings to collate would override DataCAD, but that is not the case.

Thanks for the input.[/quote

If you select a pdf printer to print to, (microsoft pdf, pdfcreator, pdffill), can you not batch plot to that creating 1 multipage pdf that you then print x times with collating. If that worked it would save some time

Daver.
#74545 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:43 pm
Hi Daver.

"If you select a pdf printer to print to, (microsoft pdf, pdfcreator, pdffill), can you not batch plot to that creating 1 multipage pdf that you then print x times with collating. If that worked it would save some time

Daver."

That hasn't been my experience with Microsoft Print to PDF. It always pop ups and asks to name each PDF separately. It also has a size limitation of 11x17 so it will not work for any larger size sheets. I don't know about any of the other PDF Plotters as I've never used any of them other than CutePDF, which I stopped using a long time ago because I seem to remember some other issue with it in Windows 10 (At some point it just started shutting down without producing any output).

Aaron