Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75043 by BEMArchitect
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:02 pm
Can't even draw a door with this upgrade to DC18.....and the online help Manual seems to be useless. Went to the Architect menu, picked doors, and everything is different from DC10, even though the manual describes exactly how I use to draw doors in DC10.
Manual states that a Door Style menu will be there …..nope....everything different. See attached screen shot.

How do you draw a door? Something this simple has got me at a complete standstill, and I'm learning that the online help manual is NOT correct in many of it's explanations.

Well, GLORY BE....I found it in the DCAD_AEC menu, but why would it be that way in the EDIT menu under ARCHITECT like it use to be?
Attachments
door Menu.PNG
This is what I see
#75044 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:23 pm
Brady,

If you wish to use the old style walls, doors and windows toggle off Auto 3D in the Architect menu.

10-17-2018 8-20-21 pm.png
10-17-2018 8-20-21 pm.png (11.9 KiB) Viewed 6279 times

Dave
#75045 by BEMArchitect
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:08 am
Thank you David!

That's easier/faster than going to Toolbox and then DCAD-AEC. I see now, that selecting that sets up the menu like I'm use to from DC10.....awesome. I'm more impatient than I should be exploring this upgrade for me.