Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#75072 by BEMArchitect
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:22 am
I have tried multiple settings the ArcFactor in the Display menu, but I cannot find a setting that will display small and large circles or arcs smooth. For instance, I can set the arcfactor to 4 and door swings will display smooth, but small circles (like you might use for a door number mark) will not display or print as a circle at all; it displays/prints as a triangle. Then if I increase the arcfactor to say 10, the door swing arc is till ok, but the smaller circle just doesn't display at all. Then if I decrease the arc factor to .5 the smaller circles display smooth, but larger circles/arcs are not smooth at all.
See attached picture for the monitor I'm using.

And one more time.....THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!
Attachments
Monitor.PNG
Monitor.PNG (37.43 KiB) Viewed 8144 times
#75074 by joshhuggins
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:56 am
Check out this post for more info Customizing DataCAD's Interface for Hi-Rez Displays. There has been additional Datacad updates done in v19 and v20 (especially in v20.01) since Windows 10 has made additional changes in how display scaling works in newer versions of Windows 10 since that post above was created so there might still be some anomalies on v18 on high resolution screens and 4k monitors which is what you are using. Try the adjustments mentioned in the post above and if you can't get things smoothed out to your liking come back with a screen shot of what is left and maybe we can give you some more ideas.
#75075 by BEMArchitect
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:48 am
Thanks Roger!

I checked my line types and spacing and when I changed those it cleared up. My door marks were created YEARS ago and I had, for some reason used a center line, which never displayed as a center line as the spacing was to big. Just changed them to solid lines and that did it.

Josh, thanks for your input. I'm going to check that out as well!