Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#78327 by mijenix
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:24 pm
I have drafted a detail and dimensioned it, but now I want to enlarge the detail without the dimensions changing. Is there anyway to make this happen.
#78328 by joshhuggins
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:26 pm
I keep mine in a symbol and enlarge the symbol.
#78331 by Mark Bell
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:35 am
You could also turn off text Scale in Settings so the dimensions are not scale-dependent on the plot scale and layout out the detail(s) on MSP sheets at the different print scales you want. This also saves having to artificially enlarge/reduce the details allowing everything to remain at real world scaling.
Another way could be to place the dimensions on their own layer for one particular print scale, then copy the dimensions to another layer which is at a different print scale and simply change the dimension text size and other settings using Area/Fence so they all change in the one go. Save each option as a GTV or symbol (note symbols can now support layers if in v20-v21) which adds another level of flexibility.
#78338 by ORWoody
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:31 pm
I might be unclear on what is to be done here, but if I were doing this as it seems, I'd just XRef (or SelfXRef) the detail and enlarge that. It would allow for changes to be made at real world scale. Dimensions would continue to work as needed. As a matter of fact, I just did exactly that for about a half dozen details that I inserted into a file last night.
Good luck,
#78526 by Ted B
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:47 am
I usually don't mix scales on the same drawing shert. But I typically use an X-Ref if I need to to keep the detail live. Sometimes it's drawn off-margin in the same file as a Self X-Ref, and sometimes drawn in a stand alone file.

I'll have multiple sheets in the same file, and organize my printed sheets using name GoTo Views. Helps keep the overlays organized.
#78811 by ORWoody
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:18 am
If you meant that you wanted to enlarge the detail for a sheet layout, you could insert it as an XRef or SelfRef. When those are enlarged or reduced, the dimensions remain as shown.