Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#78391 by mijenix
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:51 pm
My PC's motherboard died and I moved my hard drive into another pc and ran into a strange issue. My Alt Z command to edit text content no longer works. I have reinstalled DataCad several times and no luck getting it too work.
Anyone have any ideas why this happened?

Thank you
#78392 by dhs
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:34 pm
The default behaviour of Alt-Z in a fresh DataCAD install is to go to the zoom (display scale) menu. These shortcuts are stored in the dcadwin.mcr file in DataCAD's Support Files folder and I'm guessing that you copied in the default version of that file when you reinstalled DataCAD. You must have edited this file (or copied in a custom version) some time in the past to get the Edit Text functionality that you are used to.

If you have a backup of your old dcadwin.mcr file then copying that over the default file should get all your custom shortcuts back.

If you don't have a backup then you will need to edit the dcadwin.mcr file to adjust the entry for Alt-Z. Josh Huggins has previously posted an example of the change that needs to be made.