Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#80901 by Clayton Taylor
Wed May 11, 2022 5:18 am
To all,

I created a custom line type but now want to delete it & update it under the same name. I thought you just went to windows explorer, then 'support-folder' then 'line-type-folder' & delete it from there. But it still appears for some strange reason in my line type list even after a programme re-start :?
#80902 by Roger D
Wed May 11, 2022 8:11 am
Does it appear in a new file, or only the file where you created it.
The linetype would be saved in the original files header. Depends on the Dcadwin.ini file settings also.

[Purge]
LineTypes(Manual)=TRUE
Symbols(Manual)=TRUE
Layers(Manual)=TRUE
HatchPatterns(Manual)=TRUE

LineTypes(Automatic)=TRUE

; If TRUE, unused line type definitions will automatically be removed upon exit, and save.

I'm not sure the different between (Manual) and (Automatic) represent though.
#80903 by Joseph Baron
Wed May 11, 2022 9:34 am
Also check that PurgeDrawingsOnExit=1 in dcadwin.ini.

Enables or disables the automatic purging of unused drawing data upon exiting and saving a drawing.
#80904 by Joseph Baron
Wed May 11, 2022 9:48 am
Roger D wrote:I'm not sure the different between (Manual) and (Automatic) represent though.

The (Manual) settings are the 'saved' settings when you use File > Purge... and change the toggles at the bottom of the dialog.
Attachments
DataCAD Purge Drawing.jpg
DataCAD Purge Drawing.jpg (48.35 KiB) Viewed 4656 times
#80926 by ORWoody
Wed May 18, 2022 2:55 pm
Did you get the linetype deleted okay?
If not, then try going into the linetype menu and select Manage. There will be a list of linetypes that are in the drawing or were used in the drawing, but were deleted. If you select Purge, the action will purge any linetypes that are no longer in your drawing. That means that the linetype that you deleted, but still shows up in the linetype list will be gone.
If it doesn't purge it, that would indicate that the line is still somewhere in the drawing.
A simple solution for that would be to turn on all of your layers and window extents. Then, with layer search on, erase, mask, linetype, area. Wherever the linetype is hidden, then it will be erased.
You can then go to linetype, manage and run the purge again.
A caveat would be if the linetype is embedded in a symbol, it might not be able to be removed with a purge. I can see that happening if one has a linetype with lettering such as a gas line or an electrical line that is hooked onto an appliance. The line length could be quite small, but any length at all would be enough to make it show up in the linetype list.
#80939 by Clayton Taylor
Fri May 20, 2022 5:41 am
ORWoody wrote:Did you get the linetype deleted okay?
If not, then try going into the linetype menu and select Manage. There will be a list of linetypes that are in the drawing or were used in the drawing, but were deleted. If you select Purge, the action will purge any linetypes that are no longer in your drawing. That means that the linetype that you deleted, but still shows up in the linetype list will be gone.
If it doesn't purge it, that would indicate that the line is still somewhere in the drawing.
A simple solution for that would be to turn on all of your layers and window extents. Then, with layer search on, erase, mask, linetype, area. Wherever the linetype is hidden, then it will be erased.
You can then go to linetype, manage and run the purge again.
A caveat would be if the linetype is embedded in a symbol, it might not be able to be removed with a purge. I can see that happening if one has a linetype with lettering such as a gas line or an electrical line that is hooked onto an appliance. The line length could be quite small, but any length at all would be enough to make it show up in the linetype list.

I'll have to get back to you on this one as my PC gave up on me & now catching up with work. (see my other post on DC18 softlock)

However, I can report the line type that still appears after being deleted (as discussed before) only appears in the drawing file it was created, not others. The File Purge I've always wondered if I was using this correctly as after ticking all the revelant boxes, there's no button to press to instigate the Purge, so have thought, its one of those items when one exits DC that get done ? Tried this as well, but still appears in the drawing file it was created.

As for adjusting ini files with the TRUE/FALSE items, I've never altered these (in an editor ?) as don't like getting too under the hood in fear of making DC go 'kaput'. Wouldn't mind though seeing how this is done, is there a video on this or file screen capture example somewhere ?

Over & out,
Clayton

Later...back to work.
#80940 by ORWoody
Fri May 20, 2022 6:57 am
When I go into the Manage selection of linetype, there is a purge initiation box at the left center of the pop-up screen. There are no options for picking or choosing. It simply cleans out all linetypes that are not currently used in the drawing. If you are seeing check boxes, I suspect that you aren't in the Linetype, Manage menu.
I took a screen grab, but I get a message here on the forum that says the board attachment quota has been reached.
If you can spare the drawing for a little bit, send it to me and I'll give it a shot and then return it.
orwoody@gmail.com
Good luck,